Sea Buckthorn & Red Currant Cake
Presenting our chef’s favourite and very special creation to bring L’ETO customers a treasure trove of vitamins and purifying source of vitality, this “nutrient bomb” cake contains more than 200 bioactive compounds that are found in Sea Buckthorn berries. For hundreds of years, sea
buckthorn has been used in Russia, China and Tibet for its medical and nutritional qualities.
An amazing taste antioxidant and superfruit sensation with a taste reminiscent of pineapple, our Sea Buckthorn Cake is full of goodness:
- Coined by doctors the “Miracle Berry”, sea buckthorn contains the strongest antioxidant profile of all superfruits (190 Bioactive elements) providing a host of benefits including support for heart and cardiovascular health, immunity, gastrointestinal health, anti-aging, and impressive beauty benefits for radiant hair, skin, and nails.
- Sea Buckthorn contains 12 times the vitamin C of oranges.
- With a fat content of 7% and lots of healthy fat-soluble vitamins, the fruit allows your body to process the nutrients directly and is used for weight loss purposes
- Sea buckthorn gives you more brain power, boosts adrenalin levels and helps to fight depression. The B vitamins and healthy fats contained in sea buckthorn are excellent for preventing or healing conditions such as Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Russian Cosmonauts used sea buckthorn as part of a special nutrition program to fight the intense radiation exposure found in space.
Flour, double cream, sour cream, eggs, home-made sea buckthorn jam, redcurrant
Gluten, dairy, eggs
Please note that all our products are made in kitchens that handle nuts
round 15cm (6 portions), round 20cm (8 portions), round 25cm (12 portions), square 15cm (6 portions), square 20cm (8 portions), square 30cm (18 portions), rectangle 40x30cm (25 portions), rectangle 60x40cm (50 portions)
Papaya & Coconut CakeFrom: £35.00
Our new tropical cake brings you the tastes of papaya and coconut and is guaranteed to become your new favourite heavenly zesty treat! If you’re looking to bring a little groove & upbeat sweetness to a busy day, this tropical-flavoured cake is most certainly the way to go!
Birdberry CakeFrom: £35.00
Dakota’s Tribe Favourite Treat or 6 Reasons to Try Our Birdberry Cake:
- Dakota’s tribe favourite dessert, Birdberry cake, was produced by grinding the entire birdberry fruit, including the seeds (exactly as we do!), mixing it with corn and animal fat and making cakes out of the mass.
- Native Americans used the extracts of birdberry to treat common health problems like colds, sore throats, coughs to aid digestion and more surprisingly… to induce childbirth.
- Birdberry has esoteric roots too! It was used as the fuel source for the altar fire at peyote ceremonies, prayer ceremonies that utilized the hallucinogenic peyote cactus.
- Birdberry (also called sugarberry, beaverwood and nettletree) fruits have rich vitamin content and provide long lasting energy when consumed. Historically they often served as a food source for explorers during their long treks towards the west.
- Scientists in Egypt found that birdberry leaves contain significant antioxidant and cytotoxic properties that are known remedies against aging and cancer prevention.
- Most famous mention of birdberry appears to be in Homer’s The Odyssey, where famed “lotus fruits” lured Odysseus’s team away from their homelands.