Sea Buckthorn & Red Currant Cake
Presenting our chef’s favourite and very special creation to bring L’ETO customers a treasure trove of vitamins and purifying source of vitality, this “nutrient bomb” cake contains more than 200 bioactive compounds that are found in Sea Buckthorn berries. For hundreds of years, sea
buckthorn has been used in Russia, China and Tibet for its medical and nutritional qualities.
An amazing taste antioxidant and superfruit sensation with a taste reminiscent of pineapple, our Sea Buckthorn Cake is full of goodness:
- Coined by doctors the “Miracle Berry”, sea buckthorn contains the strongest antioxidant profile of all superfruits (190 Bioactive elements) providing a host of benefits including support for heart and cardiovascular health, immunity, gastrointestinal health, anti-aging, and impressive beauty benefits for radiant hair, skin, and nails.
- Sea Buckthorn contains 12 times the vitamin C of oranges.
- With a fat content of 7% and lots of healthy fat-soluble vitamins, the fruit allows your body to process the nutrients directly and is used for weight loss purposes
- Sea buckthorn gives you more brain power, boosts adrenalin levels and helps to fight depression. The B vitamins and healthy fats contained in sea buckthorn are excellent for preventing or healing conditions such as Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Russian Cosmonauts used sea buckthorn as part of a special nutrition program to fight the intense radiation exposure found in space.
Flour, double cream, sour cream, eggs, home-made sea buckthorn jam, redcurrant
Gluten, dairy, eggs
Please note that all our products are made in kitchens that handle nuts
round 15cm (6 portions), round 20cm (8 portions), round 25cm (12 portions), square 15cm (6 portions), square 20cm (8 portions), square 30cm (18 portions), rectangle 40x30cm (25 portions), rectangle 60x40cm (50 portions)
Pastiera Italian CheesecakeFrom: £45.00
To those who have yet to come across this cake, to taste it, to inhale its incredible perfume, this is probably all going to sound quite mad. But trust me – it all just comes together in a way that is surprisingly light, fluffy, and balanced in this traditional Neapolitan cheesecake made from ricotta cheese!
L’ETO Carrot CakeFrom: £38.00
Nothing beats a classic carrot cake, frosted with cream cheese icing, garnished with nuts on the top. This delicious cake consists of layers of carrot cake, made with the perfect blend of spices along with chopped walnuts, hazelnuts , nutmeg and cream cheese.
Made popular in the U.S. in the 1960s, carrot cake is a delightful blend of sweet and spicy cake topped off with cream cheese frosting. It can be made in a traditional way recipe or can be dressed up with extras like nuts, pineapple and coconut. But no one has a fair idea about its origin.
Many food critics admit that the carrot cake we enjoy today is probably descended from sweet cakes, sometimes called carrot pudding, made in Medieval Europe between the 5th and 15th centuries. Sugar was in short supply at the time, and expensive. Carrots, along with sugar beets, contain more sugar than other vegetables. Because carrots were plentiful, they were often substituted for sugar in sweet desserts.
The first well-known carrot cake recipe came from Switzerland in 1892, where it remains one of the most popular cakes, especially for children’s birthday parties.
Moist and delectable, this decadent delight is perfect for any celebration and certainly lives up to its name.
Order our carrot cake and other sweet treats for birthday parties, anniversaries, retirement parties, and baby or bridal showers. Include this cake in your next family get-together, dinner party, corporate event, holiday party or wedding. Or send them as a thank you gift. If you are in charge of corporate gifting for your company program, order our carrot cakes for home delivery to your clients, colleagues and vendors.
Birdberry CakeFrom: £35.00
Dakota’s Tribe Favourite Treat or 6 Reasons to Try Our Birdberry Cake:
- Dakota’s tribe favourite dessert, Birdberry cake, was produced by grinding the entire birdberry fruit, including the seeds (exactly as we do!), mixing it with corn and animal fat and making cakes out of the mass.
- Native Americans used the extracts of birdberry to treat common health problems like colds, sore throats, coughs to aid digestion and more surprisingly… to induce childbirth.
- Birdberry has esoteric roots too! It was used as the fuel source for the altar fire at peyote ceremonies, prayer ceremonies that utilized the hallucinogenic peyote cactus.
- Birdberry (also called sugarberry, beaverwood and nettletree) fruits have rich vitamin content and provide long lasting energy when consumed. Historically they often served as a food source for explorers during their long treks towards the west.
- Scientists in Egypt found that birdberry leaves contain significant antioxidant and cytotoxic properties that are known remedies against aging and cancer prevention.
- Most famous mention of birdberry appears to be in Homer’s The Odyssey, where famed “lotus fruits” lured Odysseus’s team away from their homelands.