Buttery, flaky pastry layers generously filled with custard and topped with fresh strawberries… In Russian literature, a cake named Наполеон (Napoleon) is first mentioned as early as in the first half of the 19th century! The cake has enjoyed an especially great popularity since the centenary celebration of the Russian victory over Napoleon in the Patriotic War of 1812.
Nowadays, the Napoleon remains one of the most popular cakes in Russia. According to the highest baking standards our Napoleon when tasted, reveals a custard with a creamy smooth texture and a balance of vanilla taste with a crisp, crunchy pastry topped with a smooth and shiny glaze/fondant.
Puff pastry, vanilla custard, fresh strawberries
Gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts
Please note that all our products are made in kitchens that handle nuts
square 15cm (6 portions), square 20cm (8 portions), square 30cm (18 portions), rectangle 40x30cm (25 portions), rectangle 60x40cm (50 portions)
Sea Buckthorn & Red Currant CakeFrom: £30.00
Presenting our chef’s favourite and very special creation to bring L’ETO customers a treasure trove of vitamins and purifying source of vitality, this “nutrient bomb” cake contains more than 200 bioactive compounds that are found in Sea Buckthorn berries. For hundreds of years, sea
buckthorn has been used in Russia, China and Tibet for its medical and nutritional qualities.
An amazing taste antioxidant and superfruit sensation with a taste reminiscent of pineapple, our Sea Buckthorn Cake is full of goodness:
- Coined by doctors the “Miracle Berry”, sea buckthorn contains the strongest antioxidant profile of all superfruits (190 Bioactive elements) providing a host of benefits including support for heart and cardiovascular health, immunity, gastrointestinal health, anti-aging, and impressive beauty benefits for radiant hair, skin, and nails.
- Sea Buckthorn contains 12 times the vitamin C of oranges.
- With a fat content of 7% and lots of healthy fat-soluble vitamins, the fruit allows your body to process the nutrients directly and is used for weight loss purposes
- Sea buckthorn gives you more brain power, boosts adrenalin levels and helps to fight depression. The B vitamins and healthy fats contained in sea buckthorn are excellent for preventing or healing conditions such as Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Russian Cosmonauts used sea buckthorn as part of a special nutrition program to fight the intense radiation exposure found in space.
Birdberry CakeFrom: £35.00
Dakota’s Tribe Favourite Treat or 6 Reasons to Try Our Birdberry Cake:
- Dakota’s tribe favourite dessert, Birdberry cake, was produced by grinding the entire birdberry fruit, including the seeds (exactly as we do!), mixing it with corn and animal fat and making cakes out of the mass.
- Native Americans used the extracts of birdberry to treat common health problems like colds, sore throats, coughs to aid digestion and more surprisingly… to induce childbirth.
- Birdberry has esoteric roots too! It was used as the fuel source for the altar fire at peyote ceremonies, prayer ceremonies that utilized the hallucinogenic peyote cactus.
- Birdberry (also called sugarberry, beaverwood and nettletree) fruits have rich vitamin content and provide long lasting energy when consumed. Historically they often served as a food source for explorers during their long treks towards the west.
- Scientists in Egypt found that birdberry leaves contain significant antioxidant and cytotoxic properties that are known remedies against aging and cancer prevention.
- Most famous mention of birdberry appears to be in Homer’s The Odyssey, where famed “lotus fruits” lured Odysseus’s team away from their homelands.
Chocolate Letche ParfaitFrom: £35.00
Perfect cake for a truly delicious journey! This luxurious layered cake with yellow berry jam and small pieces of ginger delivers comfort and extravagance in equal measure. Perfection, indeed!
Parfait (/pɑːrˈfeɪ/; [paʁfɛ] from French meaning “perfect”)