Chocolate Letche Parfait
Perfect cake for a truly delicious journey! This luxurious layered cake with yellow berry jam and small pieces of ginger delivers comfort and extravagance in equal measure. Perfection, indeed!
Parfait (/pɑːrˈfeɪ/; [paʁfɛ] from French meaning “perfect”)
Flour, dairy, eggs, dark chocolate, natural vanilla, fresh berries
Gluten, dairy, eggs, halal gelatine
Please note that all our products are made in kitchens that handle nuts.
square 15cm (6 portions), square 20cm (8 portions), square 30cm (18 portions), rectangle 40x30cm (25 portions)
If the sight of a cupcake makes you groan, this little sweetie is a must-try! The magic of these little cakes carried over from childhood birthday parties well into our adult lives and it tastes just as delicious. May be even a bit more. Time to remind yourself How good it actually is!
Birdberry CakeFrom: £35.00
Dakota’s Tribe Favourite Treat or 6 Reasons to Try Our Birdberry Cake:
- Dakota’s tribe favourite dessert, Birdberry cake, was produced by grinding the entire birdberry fruit, including the seeds (exactly as we do!), mixing it with corn and animal fat and making cakes out of the mass.
- Native Americans used the extracts of birdberry to treat common health problems like colds, sore throats, coughs to aid digestion and more surprisingly… to induce childbirth.
- Birdberry has esoteric roots too! It was used as the fuel source for the altar fire at peyote ceremonies, prayer ceremonies that utilized the hallucinogenic peyote cactus.
- Birdberry (also called sugarberry, beaverwood and nettletree) fruits have rich vitamin content and provide long lasting energy when consumed. Historically they often served as a food source for explorers during their long treks towards the west.
- Scientists in Egypt found that birdberry leaves contain significant antioxidant and cytotoxic properties that are known remedies against aging and cancer prevention.
- Most famous mention of birdberry appears to be in Homer’s The Odyssey, where famed “lotus fruits” lured Odysseus’s team away from their homelands.