Flour, dairy, eggs, oats, white chocolate, pumpkin seeds, sugar, walnuts, dried cranberries, home-made blueberry jam
Gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, sulphur dioxide
Please note that all our products are made in kitchens that handle nuts.
round 20cm (8 portions), round 25cm (12 portions)
Birdberry CakeFrom: £35.00
Dakota’s Tribe Favourite Treat or 6 Reasons to Try Our Birdberry Cake:
- Dakota’s tribe favourite dessert, Birdberry cake, was produced by grinding the entire birdberry fruit, including the seeds (exactly as we do!), mixing it with corn and animal fat and making cakes out of the mass.
- Native Americans used the extracts of birdberry to treat common health problems like colds, sore throats, coughs to aid digestion and more surprisingly… to induce childbirth.
- Birdberry has esoteric roots too! It was used as the fuel source for the altar fire at peyote ceremonies, prayer ceremonies that utilized the hallucinogenic peyote cactus.
- Birdberry (also called sugarberry, beaverwood and nettletree) fruits have rich vitamin content and provide long lasting energy when consumed. Historically they often served as a food source for explorers during their long treks towards the west.
- Scientists in Egypt found that birdberry leaves contain significant antioxidant and cytotoxic properties that are known remedies against aging and cancer prevention.
- Most famous mention of birdberry appears to be in Homer’s The Odyssey, where famed “lotus fruits” lured Odysseus’s team away from their homelands.
Bramley Apple PieFrom: £28.00
If you had the privilege of having a grandmother and while visiting her she would bake an apple cake for you, well this is the closest cake you can eat in order to relive your childhood memories!
The same this as with the Caramel layer – warmed up before eating is the best way to serve it.
Papaya & Coconut CakeFrom: £35.00
Our new tropical cake brings you the tastes of papaya and coconut and is guaranteed to become your new favourite heavenly zesty treat! If you’re looking to bring a little groove & upbeat sweetness to a busy day, this tropical-flavoured cake is most certainly the way to go!