Birdberry CakeFrom: £35.00
Dakota’s Tribe Favourite Treat or 6 Reasons to Try Our Birdberry Cake:
- Dakota’s tribe favourite dessert, Birdberry cake, was produced by grinding the entire birdberry fruit, including the seeds (exactly as we do!), mixing it with corn and animal fat and making cakes out of the mass.
- Native Americans used the extracts of birdberry to treat common health problems like colds, sore throats, coughs to aid digestion and more surprisingly… to induce childbirth.
- Birdberry has esoteric roots too! It was used as the fuel source for the altar fire at peyote ceremonies, prayer ceremonies that utilized the hallucinogenic peyote cactus.
- Birdberry (also called sugarberry, beaverwood and nettletree) fruits have rich vitamin content and provide long lasting energy when consumed. Historically they often served as a food source for explorers during their long treks towards the west.
- Scientists in Egypt found that birdberry leaves contain significant antioxidant and cytotoxic properties that are known remedies against aging and cancer prevention.
- Most famous mention of birdberry appears to be in Homer’s The Odyssey, where famed “lotus fruits” lured Odysseus’s team away from their homelands.
Black Forest Meringue£4.90
Whether huge, chewy clouds or crisp shells bound by thick whipped cream, meringues are a dessert that always rises to the occasion. Pastry base filled with blackcurrant jam and topped with fresh meringue – the perfect combination of delectable tenderness and delightful delicacy!
Bramley Apple PieFrom: £28.00
If you had the privilege of having a grandmother and while visiting her she would bake an apple cake for you, well this is the closest cake you can eat in order to relive your childhood memories!
The same this as with the Caramel layer – warmed up before eating is the best way to serve it.
Read lessRated 5.00 out of 5